This is another recipe for my favourite new gadget at present the Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s not only great to tenderize meat but can also be used to cook fantastic vegetable dishes, this dish takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish!
Serves 4 as a side dish
2 tbsp. olive oil
400g Courgettes, thickly sliced
1 large red pepper, roughly chopped
1 green pepper, roughly chopped
300g Aubergine, cubed
2 onions, chopped
4 tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
1 tsp. sea salt
1 heaped teaspoon of Herbs de Provence
small handful of fresh basil or parsely, shredded
1. Add the olive oil to the cooking pot and saute using the Long Cooking function with the lid off. You want them to have a nice colour to them. Add the peppers and saute for a few minutes until they colour slightly.
2. Add the aubergine and the onions and soften slightly. Add the tomatoes, salt and Herbs de Provence. Cancel the saute function. Do not worry about not adding any liquid there is plenty of liquid in the vegetables.
3. Secure the lid and set the dial to cook under pressure. Select the Fast Cooking function and select a 3 minute cooking time.
4. Release the pressure, take care and use an oven glove.
5. Use a slotted spoon to remove the Ratatouille and sprinkle over the shredded basil or parsley to serve.
Tip: I love this as a side dish with fish or even popped in an oven dish and grilled with some goats cheese or feta until is melts a little.