Thai curry paste adds a lovely warmth to this simple, nutritious and delicious soup.
Drizzle of oil
1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
500g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
½ can full fat coconut milk
300ml vegetable stock
5g coriander, stalks only
1 tsp chopped lemongrass
2 tsp lime juice
½ tsp Thai fish sauce (optional)
Salt and pepper
To serve: warmed Naan breads on the side and garnish with coriander sprigs and chopped red chilli.
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on a low heat and saute the onion until softened.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
3. Increase the heat and bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the sweet potato is softened.
5. Using a stick blender whizz the soup until its silky smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
6. Serve in bowls sprinkled with coriander and chopped chilli with warmed Naan breads on the side.